The Global Sales Team can help you find windows that add value, security and beauty to your home, plus:
- Our partnerships with PGT and Jeld-Wen means great pricing
- We only offer windows tested to perform in the Caribbean and Bermuda
- We work with our manufacturers to extend window warranties to our customers
- We know island construction methods and local professional builders
- We are window experts for your remodeling projects, local businesses, new residential or commercial construction
It's Important to Know Local Construction Methods When Choosing Windows
Many homes in Bermuda utilize a unique construction method with windows set in subframes that are installed directly into the masonry. This construction method is mostly due to the iconic Bermuda shutters that are attached directly to the subframe. Global Sales offers vinyl subframe windows that are specifically designed for Bermuda. We can ship windows already set into the subframe, or the replacement windows alone if that is all that is needed.
- New Subframe Needed: If a new subframe is needed, please provide the measurement for the masonry opening. We will then order a new subframe and the window that will be installed in the subframe.
Since not everything in construction is perfectly square, it is best to measure in three places for the height and three for the width. Then simply provide the smallest measurement for the width and the height of the masonry opening.
- Using Existing Subframe: Many times, updating the window is all that is necessary because the subframe is in good condition or is part of a historical building and needs to be preserved. In this case, please provide the measurement for the inside of the subframe.
To make sure the window will fit properly, it is best to measure in three places for the height and three for the width. Then simply provide the smallest measurement for the width and the height of the inside of the subframe opening.
On the other hand, in most parts of the Caribbean, a flange window or an equal leg /box frame window is used.
- Flange: A window frame profile where the exterior leg is longer than the interior. The exterior leg overlaps the surrounding construction.
- Equal Leg/Box Window: The inside face perimeter is identical to the outside face perimeter.
Where you live makes a difference when it comes to windows since construction methods vary from Bermuda to most parts of the Caribbean. Our expert and trained staff can help you make the right window choice for your home.
Shop Windows and View Brochures
Window Material: Vinyl or Aluminum
For many customers, window sizes and personal preference helps decision-making. Overall, both vinyl and aluminum perform well in coastal climates so either is a great choice. The benefits of vinyl windows includes beauty, performance and insulation, plus:
- Vinyl does not conduct heat or cold easily, and the multi-chambered design of vinyl frames adds insulating value
- Energy-efficient insulation helps reduce leaks and therefore can lower energy bills
- Low maintenance – vinyl frames don’t peel, warp or deteriorate like wood
- Double-pane insulated glass reduces noise transfer
Both Vinyl and Aluminum are great choices. Ultimately, it depends on your preference, measurements and specific building needs. The benefits of aluminum windows include:
- Budget-friendly choice. Plus, aluminum windows open and close easily and quietly
- Frame can be painted to coordinate with your interior and exterior
- Larger window sizes are possible with aluminum because of the strength of the material
- Protected by its own naturally occurring oxide for low-maintenance windows
- Energy-efficient aluminum frames have thermal breaks that keep heat or cold from escaping
Window Types and Styles
Single Hung Window
Double Hung Window
Horizontal Roller Window
Fixed Lite Window
Window Grid Options
Grids are a beautiful way to add architectural interest to your home. Many of our customers choose to use the grids on just the front of the house to add curb appeal. For a coordinated look, consider adding patio doors with the same grids – especially around pool and deck areas. For double paned glass, grids are placed inside – making window cleaning easier.
Traditional, elegant and simple
Brittany or Prairie Grids
Adds visual interest without blocking the view
Window Glass Options
There are several glass options to help save energy consumption and make your home more comfortable.
Insulating glass can help save on air conditioning bills. It consists of two panes of glass separated by an insulating air space. The insulating value is increased if the air space is filled with an inert gas such as argon. Insulating glass also helps to reduce outside noise, and reduces condensation on the interior pane.
Safety or tempered glass shatters into small pieces without sharp edges when broken. Tempered glass is also a suitable option for any window where additional strength is required
Low-e coatings is relatively inexpensive to add and can enhance the energy efficiency of windows and doors, reduce condensation, and help screen out the harmful ultra-violet (UV) rays that fade your furniture, carpeting and paintings. These nearly invisible coatings can be applied to windows in different ways to reduce wintertime heat loss in cold climates or to reduce summertime heat gain in warm climates.
Tinted glass can be effective in reducing solar heat gain and glare inside a home and in filtering out damaging UV rays. In warmer climates where solar heat is the major cause of high energy bills, tinted glass has proven to be an economical way of lowering these costs, as well as improving interior comfort. Care must be taken in choosing the tint that’s right for you. Some tints will lower solar heat gain while still letting through bright light. Other, darker tints can provide privacy without the use of draperies or blinds.
New Window Tips
We Specialize in Exporting Windows, Doors and Building Materials
Our service doesn't stop when you place your order. Windows are heavy, bulky and fragile. We know this and plan your freight consolidation in advance to make sure that you get all your project materials on time, and at a reasonable shipping cost. We specialize in shipping to the Caribbean and Bermuda and understand the rules, shipper policies, regulations, and paperwork. We always look for the best options to save our customers time and money so you get the most value possible when you order from Global Sales.