Water is a precious resource everywhere, but especially in Bermuda and the Caribbean where fresh water must be collected. Global Sales can provide you with everything you need to either revamp your system or install for new construction.
There are two main components that push water through your system: your pump and your pressure tank. These two components regulate the flow of water from your water holding tank into your home.
In most cases a 1/2 horse power model is sufficient. To decide on the size of your pump, you'll want to factor in the number of people in your home and your home's square footage. Then contact us or consult your plumbing or building professional.
- Durable machined heavy-duty construction pump body provides long product life
- Precision molded impellers and diffuser provide smooth, balanced performance and efficiency
- High quality proven pressure switch with adjustable on/off pressure settings. 20 PSI differential
- Heavy-duty motor with double ball bearing design and voltage selection device
- Mechanical shaft seal with ceramic face and stainless steel construction for long seal life
- Non-submersible -- if you need a submersible pump, just let us know
Roof Collection and Water Tank Tips
- Keep the roof clean and painted
- Before cleaning, block the drain pipes so that nothing enters the tank
- Check your tank levels regularly, at least once a month
- Clean your tank at least once every five years
- Disinfect water – 1/4 cup of household bleach to every 1000 gallons of water. Use formula: tank length x tank width x tank depth x 6.25 = tank capacity in gallons
- Trim overhanging trees to prevent leaves from entering your tank
- Consider using a qualified contractor to clean your tank
- When purchasing water, remember only buy enough to take your tank to about half, always leave enough space for rainwater collection
Source: Government of Bermuda, Ministry of Works and Engineering
The Pressure Tank
Your pressure tank holds the water at a specific pressure so it is ready for you when you turn on your faucet or start your dishwasher. We recommend Flex-Lite FL composite tanks because of their construction and reliability.
Unlike other composite tanks that use bag technology in a plastic shell, the Flex-Lite FL composite tank uses the latest evolution of the field proven controlled action diaphragm design that Flexcon introduced in Well-Rite steel tanks in 1988.
The Flex-Lite FL series’ improved CAD-2 diaphragm design is stronger and won’t crease and wear out like bag designs. It features a chlorine resistant 100% butyl diaphragm with a precision molded copolymer polypropylene lower water chamber for superior air and water separation.
This patented design allows each size tank to have a properly sized water chamber, matched to the drawdown performance of that tank. When it comes to performance and durability, the CAD-2 system cannot be beat.
All-in-One Option for New Construction
For new construction, the Grundfos® MQ pump system is a great choice. This compact, all-in-one pressure boosting system is designed for domestic water supply applications. The MQ, with its smart operation is both easy to install and reliable.
- Complete system – both pump and pressure tank in one
- Low noise
- Takes up less space
- Built-in protective functions
- Automatic reset